Building a Winning Culture from Top to Bottom
Culture can be defined as: the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization
In today’s athletic environment, there are many roadblocks standing in the way of consistency and success. To eliminate headaches, distractions, and problems before they arise, having a well-defined and properly implemented culture is more important now than ever.
Confident athletes perform consistently at their best when leadership, character, and talent are all part of the everyday environment. AMPlify brings a unique perspective combing sport psychology, leadership and coaching expertise to help create, evolve, and effectively communicate a winning culture.
A well-defined, communicated, and embodied culture does not guarantee results, but it does make those desired results much more likely. Some benefits include:
- Give athletes, coaches and other members a shared passion to strive toward
- Give everyone clear standards and expectations to adhere to NO MATTER WHAT
- Attracts quality people to your organization
- Makes belonging to your organization more fun and fulfilling
How do we AMPlify Your Culture?
“Whether you have purposely defined your team culture or not, you have a team culture.” – Brian Baxter
Does this sound familiar? Your teams are not communicating. Members are divided and not getting along. Your teams are underachieving. Athletes, coaches, parents are complaining about a variety of things. You have tried having meetings and emails but nothing is working. This may be an indication that you need to look at your organizational culture.
AMPlify means that we:
- Analyze your current culture – where you’ve been, where you are, where you want to go
- Maximize your current strengths, what you already do well
- Personalize strategies and solutions including:
Core Values – your philosophy, your identity, your “why”
Vision Statement – the inspiration for who you can become
Mission Statement – the motivating actions you can take to get you there
Best Practices for Communication and getting your message out there getting buy-in from all levels of your organization so they not only hear the message, but live it!
Comprehensive Goal setting and implementation of your new culture
Creative solutions to help you stand out
*Essential – 1 month Culture Building program. Includes:
- Organizational Assessment
- 2x 2 hour meetings with Leadership
- 2x 2 hour meetings with Coaches
- 2x 1 hour meeting with Athletes
- Comprehensive Goal Setting to track progress and provide accountability
- Sports Mindset Gameplan workbook and Sports Mindset Audio visualization program for reference
- Unlimited phone, text and email correspondence.
*Evolve – 3 months Culture Building and Evolving program.
- 1st month = Essential Program
- 2nd month = Customized Leadership Training to help coaches implement culture
- 3rd month = Develop and Deliver sport psychology content to athletes based on Culture
*Mastery – 6 months Culture Building, Evolving and Mastery
- 1st/2nd/3rd month = Evolve Program
- 4th month = Follow up organizational assessment, revise Core Values, Vision and Mission Statements
- 5th/6th month = Continue customized Leadership and Sport Psychology training
Help Your Organization With A Free Performance Improvement Consultation
Maintaining and Evolving Your Culture
At times, success may happen by accident, but sustained success is always on purpose. A well-developed game plan for any team includes a plan, some creativity, streamlined communication, practice, repetition, and execution. But it doesn’t stop there! You must make adjustments as time goes on, and repeat the process continually!
The same is true for an organization’s culture: it’s only going to be as good as the process and the attention paid to it. It’s not just learning the playbook, setting goals at the beginning of the season, and signing a code of conduct in the first week. All of these must be communicated, taught, practiced, and refined for sustained success.
Motivating Your Coaches & Athletes
Maybe it’s easy to keep everyone motivated when you are winning and things are going well. However, when the team starts losing, members may quickly lose inspiration and confidence.
We frequently get asked by coaches, parents and administrators some variation of the questions, “how do I best motivate my athletes?” “Can you give me some team motivation techniques?” “Why is my team so inconsistent?” “Sometimes we start slow and it takes us a while to wake up and start competing, what can I do about that?”
The problem with the questions is not that they are not valid, it’s that they are typically looking for some type of quick fix. The answer though, is more about the Culture than what to say or do in that moment. The answers to those questions ideally have already been asked, planned for, and practiced. A couple tips are:
- Build, maintain, and evolve the culture you want for your team
- Take steps to increase players’ ownership in the process
- Set expectations and goals, and consistently check in with them
- Instill confidence with positive communication
- Lead by example!
Huge Impact On This Soccer Club's Student Athletes
“Brian Baxter’s seven ten year impact on the Tualatin Hills United Soccer Club has created a well-rounded sports experience for all our student athletes! The Sport Psychology piece of our program compliments the technical, tactical and physical components of our club. Brian works individually and collectively with our players and teams to specifically address age-appropriate needs.”
– Tualatin Hills United Soccer Club
Who do we AMPlify?
We help all kinds of organizations and corporate teams— not just sports teams and clubs. If you are part of a corporate team, you can learn how to:
- Motivate your staff
- Attract the staff you want
- Help new employees feel welcomed and inspired
- Engage workers in your wellness program
- Develop positive habits that help reduce stress and lower absenteeism rates