Team Sport Psychology
Do you want to build a high-performing, confident team that functions like a well-oiled machine? If so, then we have what you need to take your team to the next level. At AMPlify Sport Psychology, we help your team achieve its competitive goals through the use of team-building counseling and activities.
We work with all kinds of teams, including: Collegiate teams, Professional sports teams, Elite sports clubs, Community sports clubs, Competitive leagues, Sports camps, Occupational athletes (firefighters, etc.), And more!
Our sport psychology consultants come to your facility to AMPlify your Team. We can also work with your group remotely by Skype or Zoom.
How We Help Your Team Build Skills
Our customized sport psychology training services help your whole squad perform at its very best. We use the same tools and techniques that we use with individuals to help teams ensure optimal performance.
With AMPlify, your team will learn how to:
- Control emotions
- Maintain a positive mindset
- Visualize success
- Let go of mistakes
- Perform better under pressure
- And much more
We work very closely with the coach to determine the sport psychology topics that will best help the team with their confidence, motivation, and overall mental game.
Teaching these techniques to a group helps get the message to the whole team or group. In addition to those sport psychology techniques, team sessions include:
- Improve team unity and team building
- Mission statements and other team motivation techniques
- Enhanced Communication
- Leadership Development
- Getting on the same page with Goal Setting
Team workshops are engaging and upbeat, and we require team members to be active in the session. Powerpoint presentation, worksheets, and team activities are all used.
We typically work with teams over the course of a year or a season to AMPlify culture, leadership, communication, teamwork and . This can consist of between 4-12 team sessions, time for individual consultation, consistent communication with coaches, and sport psychology training resources.
Improve Your Team With A Free Performance Consultation
Sports Teams And Clubs We’ve Worked With
Sport psychology and a strong mindset are essential for peak performance. We have worked with a variety of teams and clubs from youth, high school, collegiate, amateur, and professional organizations. We can help any team perform better in the pre-season, in-season, post-season, and off-season. We custom design our programs to the needs of each team to help you build the mental skills that you need to perform at an even higher level.
- Portland Timbers and Thorns youth and academy programs
- University of Portland basketball, volleyball, tennis, cross country, soccer
- Portland Aquatic Club – elite level youth swimming club
- BaxterSports and 4 Pillars Elite soccer camps
- US Lacrosse Referees
- Multnomah Athletic Club Volleyball and Basketball
- Wy’east Mountain Academy Snowboarding and Skiing
- Oregon Referee Committee
- Chris Bagg Coaching Group Triathlon
Benefits Of Working With A Mental Performance Consultant
Integrating Sports Mindset Training into your team culture will enhance the technical, tactical and physical training that you already do. When we work with a team, we specialize in sport psychology techniques and team dynamics, so that the coaching staff can focus on what they do best: teaching skills and strategies and physical fitness.. We know our role, and communicate thoroughly with the coaching staff to make sure what we provide serves to compliment your team’s goals. A few of the benefits include:
- Help individual players reach their full potential more consistently
- Assist coaches in building team culture and commitment
- Enhance leadership and communication
- Develop a growth mindset in coaches and players
- Help team members understand their roles
- Teach players how to be responsible and accountable to the team
- Give athletes the best chance to perform at their best when it matters the most
When Performance is:
Mental Training is:
A Great Resource For Team Building
Sports Psychology Institute Northwest has partnered with Portland Aquatic Club for 5 years now! Brian Baxter works with four sites, eight coaches and nearly 200 athletes each year in group and individual sessions. He is a great partner and resource for our team working on visualization, team building, being a great teammates and how to best deal with pre- race anxiety. Our coaches, athletes and parents look forward to Brian working with us each year. PAC continues to improve in the pool and in the community with Brian’s help. Our swimmers are not only exceptional swimmers, but excellent people.
-Portland Aquatic Club